(1) Upper-quarter Flashing: Device reset/powering up
(2) Lower-quarter Flashing: Connected to WiFi and connecting to server
(3) Left-quarter Flashing: Voice message recording
(4) Right-quarter Flashing: Connecting to WiFi
(5) Full-circle Flashing: Updating firmware
With a few simple tools, you can certainly install Sentry yourself. You can follow the installation instruction in the box, as well as this installation video.
(1) Download the “Bosma” app, create a new account or log in.
(2) Make sure that Sentry is powered and that you have heard it say “system startup” and “waiting for connection”. If you don’t hear these messages, reset the camera.
(3) On the app home screen, tap the “+” button at the top right corner, and select “Sentry”. Then follow the in-app instructions to complete the setup
If you have any issue during the setup process, please contact customer support.
Please make sure that your Sentry is powered. Remove the base plate if it’s on. You should find a reset button with a “RESET” text to its left between the two terminal screws at the top of the camera body. Long-press the reset button until you hear “system reset”. After about 30 seconds, Sentry should power up again and you should hear “system startup” and “waiting for connection”. You can now set up Sentry in the app again.
Please make sure that you heard “system reset” after long-pressing the reset button, and that you heard “system startup” and “waiting for connection” later. If one of these messages was not heard, please contact customer support.
Note: If you intend to use Sentry’s local storage, it is recommended to insert an SD card prior to installing Sentry.
Slide down to remove Sentry’s base plate, then push back to remove the PIR module on the top. You should now see the SD card slot on the top of the camera body. Push the SD card all the way in with its metal strips facing towards the back of the doorbell, until you hear that it clicks into place. To remove the SD card, push the SD card in again and it should be ejected from the slot. After inserting the SD card, replace the PIR module.
You can also watch the installation video to locate the SD card slot.
(1) Download the latest firmware here.
(2) Unzip the files and copy the files to the root folder of a micro SD card
(3) Disconnect Sentry from power and insert the micro SD card into Sentry (where is the SD card slot?). If Sentry was installed, you will need to unmount it from the base plate.
(4) Power up Sentry again (you can also use a 5V2A micro USB adapter to power it up). Immediately after Sentry is connected to power, long-press the RESET button at the back of the doorbell body for about 3 seconds. You should now see the doorbell indicator light flashing in full circle.
(4) Wait for about 2 minutes. When you hear “system startup” and “waiting for connection” at the end, the firmware update is successful.
(5) Please remember to unmount the SD card and delete the firmware update files before using it on Sentry again. Otherwise Sentry will enter firmware update every time it restarts
(1) On the QR code scan page, please have the camera scan the QR code on your phone. Make sure that you have heard the camera say “WiFi is connecting” before tapping the “I heard ‘Wi-Fi is connecting’” button
(2) Please make sure that the WiFi hotspot you selected is 2.4Ghz. 5Ghz WiFi is not supported.
(3) Please make sure that the WiFi hotspot uses WPA or WPA2 security
(4) Please double check and make sure that the password is correct
If the issue persist, please contact customer support
Yes. If your doorbell wiring is connected to an existing chime, you can enable doorbell chime support in Sentry Home -> Settings -> Doorbell Chime.
Warning: Before enabling the Doorbell Chime option, please make sure that a doorbell chime is properly installed. Enabling this option without an existing chime may damage the Sentry doorbell and/or your transformer and could pose a serious fire risk when Sentry’s doorbell button is pressed.
Yes. You can power Sentry with a 8-24V Low Voltage Transformer directly.
Warning: If you do not have a doorbell chime also connected to the transformer, please do NOT enable the Doorbell Chime option
There are two types of voice messages for Sentry.
(1) No Answer messages: Voice message played when you did not respond to a doorbell ring on the Bosma app in time (about 20s)
(2) Busy messages: Voice message played when you selected to “ignore” a doorbell ring on the Bosma app
You can manage voice message settings in Sentry home -> Voice Responses. To add a new voice response, tap the “+” button at the top right corner. To enable a voice message, enable the “Go to Voice Messages when busy/no one answers” option (if this option is disabled, visitors will not hear a voice message and cannot leave a voice message to you either).
There’s also an “Enable Voice Message” option on Sentry’s home page. If this option is enabled, when someone is ringing the doorbell, you will not receive a notification and Sentry will play the “Busy” voice message automatically. You can use this option when you do not wish to be disturbed.
Bosma Assist Features
For general Bosma Assist FAQs, refer to Bosma App FAQ
Please first make sure that you have an active Bosma Assist subscription, and that you have added this Sentry device to the subscription
(1) You can find them in Sentry home page -> Cloud Videos
(2) You can also find them in Home page -> Bosma Assist -> Cloud Videos
Yes. If your Sentry has a micro SD card, it’ll also save video recordings to the SD card, regardless of whether a cloud storage subscription is active.
Please first make sure that you have an active Bosma Assist subscription, and that you have added this Sentry device to the subscription.
After you successfully added familiar faces, please make sure Facial Recognition is enabled in Sentry Home -> Settings -> Event & Notification -> enable “Person”
Sentry Home -> Settings -> Event & Notification -> enable “Package”
How do I prevent Sentry’s Active Theft Prevention feature from triggering the siren when I pick up my own packages?
Theft prevention will not be triggered if the Sentry doorbell recognizes a familiar face. Please create a new face profile for yourself (and your family members if necessary) at Sentry Home -> Facial Recognition.
Can’t find an answer to your question?
Submit your question below and we will answer it and add it to the FAQ!