There are a few options you can use to manage your Bosma cameras and reduce the number of notifications. In Device Settings, select “Event & Notification”, then:
- Toggle off the event types you’re not interested in being notified about, e.g. you can turn off Sound Detection.
- Increase minimum notification interval. By default, the minimum notification interval is 3 minutes. You can change this setting under “Notification Interval” at the bottom of the page.
- Decrease sensitivity. By default, sensitivity level is set at medium. You can change it under “Motion Sensitivity” at the bottom of the page.
- You can choose to disable notifications from any Bosma device by toggling off “Notification.”
- Note that video recordings are not affected by this setting (i.e. you can still see events and play recordings in Event History, you just won’t be notified.)
Alternatively, you can use Security Modes to quickly change notification settings for multiple devices.
2 thoughts on “I’m getting too many notifications from my security cameras, what do I do?”
My Sentry recently changed behavior. I have never used sound detection and it is still turned off. For motion detection it was set at a sensitivity level of 4 which was working out just great. Suddenly I’m lucky if it will go 5-10 minutes after the notification timeout period without triggering another one even with the sensitivity turned all the way down to 1. In other words, if the notification delay is set to the maximum 10 minutes, I will get another detection/notification anywhere from about 5-10 minutes after the notification delay has ended. Sometimes I will get a notification every 10 minutes.
This all started after I replaced the SD card. The device wasn’t recording video and now it does, but it just goes crazy on detecting motion. I would not expect that simply changing the SD card would do this. I have two of these and I switched them just in case there was something (bugs, birds, etc) that may have been causing it. Now it just goes crazy while on the other side of the house.
I have changed the sensitivity setting of Motion Sensitivity in “Event Detection” to more sensitive. Now I get a very sensitive sound detection. I have put the motion detection sensitivity back but the high sound sensitivity remains the same (very high, seems to pick up any raindrop). Is there a bug? I would be grateful for your advice and help. Thank you very much in advance.
Stay safe and kind regards,