FAQ | CapsuleCam
FAQ | CapsuleCam
If the camera does not scan the QR code on your phone during the setup process, please try the following:
- Make sure that you heard the camera say “waiting for connection” at least once. If not, reset the camera.
- Place your phone about 4 inches in front of the camera lens, holding it upright and stationary for at least 3 seconds. If you do not hear “WiFi connecting,” move your phone closer or further away from the security camera lens and hold it again.
- Turn your phone’s screen brightness to 100%.
- Make sure that the WiFi name and password are not too long. It is recommended to keep them under 16 characters. Longer text makes the QR code more complex, and due to the camera’s distortion, it may not recognize a complex QR code.
If the issue persists, please contact customer support.
(1) On the QR code scan page on your app. Use the security camera to scan the QR code on your phone. Make sure that you have heard the camera say “WiFi is connecting” before tapping the “I heard ‘Wi-Fi is connecting’” button.
(2) Ensure that the WiFi hotspot you selected is 2.4Ghz. 5Ghz WiFi is not supported.
(3) Ensure that the WiFi hotspot uses WPA or WPA2 security.
(4) Double check to make sure that the password is correct.
If the issue persists, please contact customer support
(2) Unzip the files and copy the 5 files to the root folder of a micro SD card (Please make sure that the SD card is formatted to FAT32).
(3) Insert the micro SD card into the CapsuleCam security camera (please see, “where is the SD card slot?”), and restart the home security camera.
(4) Wait for approximately 2 minutes. When you hear “system startup” and “waiting for connection,” the firmware update is successful.
(5) Please remember to unmount the SD card and delete the 5 files before using it in the CapsuleCam security camera. Otherwise the CapsuleCam will automatically enter firmware update status every time it restarts.
To restart the CapsuleCam, simply unplug the home security camera from its power source, and plug it in again.
You should find a micro SD card slot located at the side of the camera body. Push the SD card all the way in with its metal strips facing towards the back of the security camera, until you hear that it clicks into place. To remove the SD card, push the SD card in slightly, and it should eject from the slot.
Note: if you inserted an SD card while the device is powered, you would need to restart (power off then on again) the device for the SD card to be recognized.
(1) Steady Blue: Connected. Everything is fine.
(2) Slow Blinking Blue: Powering up or waiting to be set up. If you have not set up the CapsuleCam indoor security camera before, please set up the CapsuleCam in the app. If you have set up the CapsuleCam before but recently restarted it, please wait for approximately 30 seconds and it should automatically reconnect to the existing WiFi.
(3) Fast Blinking Blue: Reconnecting to an existing WiFi hotspot. This may happen when you have set up the CapsuleCam but it can no longer find the WiFi hotspot (either because the WiFi name/password was changed, or the camera/router was moved to another location so the signal was lost). If this is the case, please reset the CapsuleCam security camera and set it up in the app again.
First, make sure that your CapsuleCam indoor home security camera is connected to power. Pull up the main camera body, and at the bottom of the camera body you should see a pinhole with a “RESET” text at its right. The reset button is located within the pinhole. Push a pin into the pinhole and hold until you hear “system reset.” After approximately 30 seconds, the CapsuleCam should power up again and you should hear “system startup” and “waiting for connection.” You can now set up the CapsuleCam in the app again.
Please make sure that you heard “system reset” after long-pressing the reset button, and that you heard “system startup” and “waiting for connection” later. If one of these messages was not heard, please customer support.
(1) Download the “Bosma” app, create a new account or log in.
(2) Power on the CapsuleCam. Wait until you hear “system startup” and “waiting for connection.” If you don’t hear these messages, reset the camera.
(3) On the app home screen, tap the “+” button at the top right corner, and select “CapsuleCam Series”. Then follow the in-app instructions to complete the setup of your home security camera.
If you have any issue during the setup process, please contact customer support.
Submit Your Question
Let us get in touch! Contact us for any further questions or business opportunities
Please first make sure that the Aegis door lock and the Sentry doorbell are paired. See this FAQ. Note that both devices must be registered under the same account and the same family, and that they’re no more than about 15ft apart, as their connection is Bluetooth-based.
Assuming that at least one fingerprint has been added, please try scanning your fingerprint and check the fingerprint reader’s indicator light at the bottom:
- If the light flashed red once, then the fingerprint was not recognized. Please make sure that the fingerprint has been registered and there’s no water or sweat on the fingertip or fingerprint scanner.
- If the light did not flash, then either the fingerprint was not scanned at all, or fingerprint was recognized but no action was set. Please make sure that your finger fully touched the scanner, and also make sure that the “Unlock” option in fingerprint settings was enabled.
- If the light flashed blue once, then the fingerprint was recognized and the unlock command was issued. Please make sure that the lock is not far away from the doorbell.
First, please make sure that your phone has Bluetooth enabled and is physically close to the lock during the firmware update, as it transmits data via Bluetooth, which has a short range of less than 30ft.
If you’re updating to Aegis firmware version 220.127.116.11 and firmware update fails, you can unpair the Aegis door lock with the Wi-Fi Gateway or Sentry doorbell (whichever it is currently connected with), and try updating firmware again. Once firmware update is complete, you can pair the devices again.
In order to pair Aegis with Sentry, both devices must be registered under the same account and the same family, and they must be no more than about 15ft apart, as their connection is Bluetooth-based. If they’re not under the same account, please follow this FAQ to move one of the to the other account. If they’re not under the same family, please follow this FAQ to add the one not in the family to the family.
In order to lock or unlock Aegis with Alexa or Google Home, your Aegis must have internet connection. Please follow this FAQ to pair your Aegis with either a Wi-Fi Gateway or the Sentry doorbell so that it has internet access.
Depending on the smart deadbolt’s tailpiece initial angle, it is possible that you cannot turn the Aegis component a full 90°, and the bolt either doesn’t fully stick out when locked or fully retract when unlocked. In this case there are two things you can try:
– Install the base plate at a tilted angle. The base plate allows for about a 20° angle in either direction. If the bolt doesn’t fully stick out, install the base plate 20° toward the locking direction; if the bolt doesn’t fully retract, install the base plate 20° toward the unlocking direction.
– If the angle needed is expected to be greater than 20°, you can turn the tailpiece adapter around.
– If the problem persists, please contact customer support.
First, make sure that you have enabled the auto-unlock option in Aegis settings and ensure the app has the correct home address.
In order for Auto-unlock to work properly, there are a few phone settings you would need to configure. The required settings are listed under the “Learn more about Auto Unlock” link at the bottom of the Auto-unlock setting page. Here is a brief overview:
- Keep Bluetooth & Wi-Fi on
- Set Bosma app’s location permission to “All the time”
- Disable battery optimization for Bosma. How?
- Keep Bluetooth & Wi-Fi on
- Set Bosma app’s location permission to “Always”
- Do not force-quit Bosma or turn off your phone while you’re away from home
- Auto-unlock becomes active only when you have traveled far enough (about 600ft/200m) away from home. When you have left your home area, you will receive a notification to your device: “You have left home,” indicating that Auto-unlock is now active. When you return home, Auto-unlock will unlock the Aegis smart deadbolt and become inactive until you leave your home area again.
If the problem persists, please contact customer support.
There are a few reasons why smart deadbolt calibration may fail. Ensure that:
- At each step during the calibration process, please make sure that both the door and the lock are stationary before pressing the “Next” button to continue.
- The rotation between locked and unlocked positions must be greater than 60° at least, and 120° at most (usually a full 90° from unlocked to locked position). Please make sure that you fully turn Aegis to a locked/unlocked position during calibration.
- When asked to open the door during calibration, please make sure that the door is wide open (at least 60°)
- Please also make sure that Aegis is installed in an upright position (i.e. the front cover is perpendicular to the floor, and it is not installed upside down)
If the problem persists, please contact customer support.
"How" & "What"
On the app’s home page, your Aegis door lock will display either an “Online” status with a green dot at the top right corner, or an “Offline” status with a red dot at the top right corner. This status indicates whether your Aegis has internet access.
The “Online” status indicates that your Aegis has internet access, and everything is fine.
The “Offline” status indicates that your Aegis does not have internet access. When it’s offline, most critical features still work, including locking/unlocking by phone (within Bluetooth range – about 20ft), auto-unlock, auto-lock, door-ajar detection, and door-breaking detection. However, features that require internet connection will not function properly, e.g. locking/unlocking remotely, locking/unlocking with Alexa or Google Home, guest access, and notifications.
To make sure that your Aegis is online, please check this following in order:
- If not, please pair your Aegis with the Wi-Fi Gateway or pair your Aegis with the Sentry doorbell.
- If your Aegis is already paired with a Wi-Fi Gateway or Sentry, please make sure that the paired device is plugged in and properly configured to have internet access.
- Lastly, please also make sure that the paired device is within about 15ft from your Aegis, as their communication is Bluetooth-based.
The Auto-Unlock feature requires the Bosma App to occasionally run tasks on the background. However, latest Android phones have a “Battery Optimization” feature which terminates inactive background apps to save battery. In order to make sure that the Auto-Unlock feature works correctly, please follow the steps below to manually turn off Battery Optimization for the Bosma App.
Note: This list does not cover all custom Android systems and may be outdated due to Android system updates. We will periodically update this list to reflect the latest changes. If your Android phone model is not listed here or the instruction for your phone is outdated, please search online for instructions on how to turn off Battery Optimization for your specific phone model.
Native Android 9.0 and above
Go to Phone Settings > Apps & notifications > Tap “See all XX apps” and find “Bosma” > Advanced > Battery > Battery optimization > Select “All apps” from the “Not optimized” dropdown list and find “Bosma” > Don’t optimize
Go to Phone Settings > Apps > Find “Bosma” > Battery > Optimize Battery Usage > Select “All” from the “Apps not optimized” dropdown list > find “Bosma” and turn off
Huawei Phones with EMUI 9.X/Magic UI 2.X
Go to Phone Settings > Apps > Apps > Tap the 3-dot menu at the top right corner > Special access > Battery optimization > Select “All apps” from the “Not allowed” dropdown list > Find “Bosma” and set to “Don’t allow”
Go to Phone Settings > Apps > App launch > Set Bosma to “Manage manually” > Turn on all options
Huawei Phones with EMUI 8.X
Go to Phone Settings > Apps > Advanced > Ignore battery optimization > Select “All apps” from the “Allowed” dropdown list > Find “Bosma” and set to “Allow”
Go to Phone Settings > Battery > App launch > Set Bosma to “Manage manually” > Turn on all options
Xiaomi Phones with MIUI 11
Go to Phone Settings > Applications > Manage applications > Find “Bosma” > Battery saver > Select “No restrictions”
Xiaomi Phones with MIUI 10
Go to Phone Settings > Battery & performance > Choose apps > find “Bosma” > Battery saver > Select “No restrictions”
Go to Phone Settings > Battery > Battery optimization > Find “Bosma” > Select “Don’t optimize”
If you purchased the Aegis door lock single unit, its package comes with a WiFi bridge/connector to connect it to the internet. Please follow the Installation Instructions to complete the setup.
If you purchased a Sentry Video Doorbell + Aegis Smart Door Lock bundle, Aegis can use Sentry as a bridge/connector for internet connection. Please refer to this FAQ to pair your Sentry and Aegis.
Your Aegis smart door lock can use the Sentry video doorbell as a gateway to connect to the internet (if you purchased just the Aegis door lock, there should be a separate gateway device that serves the same purpose). You can also use the fingerprint reader to unlock the door lock.
First, ensure that your Sentry doorbell has the fingerprint reader module. The module is included if you purchased the Aegis Smart Door Lock + Sentry Video Doorbell bundle.
Install and set up both your Aegis and Sentry. Note that both devices must be registered under the same account and the same family, and that they’re no more than about 15ft apart, as their connection is Bluetooth-based. If they’re not under the same account, please follow this FAQ to move one of the to the other account. If they’re not under the same family, please follow this FAQ to add the one not in the family to the family.
Then, go to Sentry home page –> Settings (⚙️ button at the top right corner) –> Fingerprint Reader, and add your Aegis door lock under “Paired Devices.” Don’t forget to enable “Unlock” under “Fingerprint Actions” so that fingerprint scans can unlock the Aegis door lock. You can then add new fingerprints under “Fingerprints.”
To properly install and set up the Aegis Smart Door Lock, please refer to the Installation Instructions.
First, ensure that your Aegis smart deadbolt is powered on. Lift up the front cover of Aegis, and you should see a RESET button above the Main Button at the center. Long-press the RESET button until you see a red light on. Wait until the red light disappears, and you can set up the Aegis in the Bosma app again.