FAQ | CapsuleCam
If the camera does not scan the QR code on your phone during the setup process, please try the following:
- Make sure that you heard the camera say “waiting for connection” at least once. If not, reset the camera.
- Place your phone about 4 inches in front of the camera lens, holding it upright and stationary for at least 3 seconds. If you do not hear “WiFi connecting,” move your phone closer or further away from the security camera lens and hold it again.
- Turn your phone’s screen brightness to 100%.
- Make sure that the WiFi name and password are not too long. It is recommended to keep them under 16 characters. Longer text makes the QR code more complex, and due to the camera’s distortion, it may not recognize a complex QR code.
If the issue persists, please contact customer support.
(1) On the QR code scan page on your app. Use the security camera to scan the QR code on your phone. Make sure that you have heard the camera say “WiFi is connecting” before tapping the “I heard ‘Wi-Fi is connecting’” button.
(2) Ensure that the WiFi hotspot you selected is 2.4Ghz. 5Ghz WiFi is not supported.
(3) Ensure that the WiFi hotspot uses WPA or WPA2 security.
(4) Double check to make sure that the password is correct.
If the issue persists, please contact customer support
(2) Unzip the files and copy the 5 files to the root folder of a micro SD card (Please make sure that the SD card is formatted to FAT32).
(3) Insert the micro SD card into the CapsuleCam security camera (please see, “where is the SD card slot?”), and restart the home security camera.
(4) Wait for approximately 2 minutes. When you hear “system startup” and “waiting for connection,” the firmware update is successful.
(5) Please remember to unmount the SD card and delete the 5 files before using it in the CapsuleCam security camera. Otherwise the CapsuleCam will automatically enter firmware update status every time it restarts.
To restart the CapsuleCam, simply unplug the home security camera from its power source, and plug it in again.
You should find a micro SD card slot located at the side of the camera body. Push the SD card all the way in with its metal strips facing towards the back of the security camera, until you hear that it clicks into place. To remove the SD card, push the SD card in slightly, and it should eject from the slot.
Note: if you inserted an SD card while the device is powered, you would need to restart (power off then on again) the device for the SD card to be recognized.
(1) Steady Blue: Connected. Everything is fine.
(2) Slow Blinking Blue: Powering up or waiting to be set up. If you have not set up the CapsuleCam indoor security camera before, please set up the CapsuleCam in the app. If you have set up the CapsuleCam before but recently restarted it, please wait for approximately 30 seconds and it should automatically reconnect to the existing WiFi.
(3) Fast Blinking Blue: Reconnecting to an existing WiFi hotspot. This may happen when you have set up the CapsuleCam but it can no longer find the WiFi hotspot (either because the WiFi name/password was changed, or the camera/router was moved to another location so the signal was lost). If this is the case, please reset the CapsuleCam security camera and set it up in the app again.
First, make sure that your CapsuleCam indoor home security camera is connected to power. Pull up the main camera body, and at the bottom of the camera body you should see a pinhole with a “RESET” text at its right. The reset button is located within the pinhole. Push a pin into the pinhole and hold until you hear “system reset.” After approximately 30 seconds, the CapsuleCam should power up again and you should hear “system startup” and “waiting for connection.” You can now set up the CapsuleCam in the app again.
Please make sure that you heard “system reset” after long-pressing the reset button, and that you heard “system startup” and “waiting for connection” later. If one of these messages was not heard, please customer support.
(1) Download the “Bosma” app, create a new account or log in.
(2) Power on the CapsuleCam. Wait until you hear “system startup” and “waiting for connection.” If you don’t hear these messages, reset the camera.
(3) On the app home screen, tap the “+” button at the top right corner, and select “CapsuleCam Series”. Then follow the in-app instructions to complete the setup of your home security camera.
If you have any issue during the setup process, please contact customer support.