I got a “connection timeout” error message when trying to set up Sentry Video Doorbell, what do I do?
(1) On the QR code scan page on the Bosma home security app, use the camera lens to scan the QR code on your phone. Make sure that you have heard the camera say “WiFi is connecting” before tapping the “I heard ‘Wi-Fi is connecting’” button.
(2) Ensure that the WiFi hotspot you selected is 2.4Ghz. 5Ghz WiFi is not supported.
(3) Ensure that the WiFi hotspot uses WPA or WPA2 security
(4) Double check that the password is correct.
If the issue persists, please contact customer support.
If your Sentry doorbell is completely unresponsive, i.e. no lights, no sound, and cannot be reset, regardless of whether it’s powered by USB or doorbell wires, please read ahead. Otherwise, you can try resetting the doorbell.
This issue is most likely to happen during or after a firmware update. If the Sentry video doorbell lost power or the voltage was not stable during the update, then the update will fail, resulting in a “bricked” state.
To resolve the issue, simply manually update Sentry’s firmware. We highly recommend using a 5V 2A micro USB adapter to power the Sentry doorbell during the manual firmware update to provide the most stable power.
The most common cause of frequent disconnection and/or shutting down of the Sentry video doorbell is insufficient power. Sentry doorbell requires a 8-24V AC transformer without a chime, and it’s recommended to use a 16-24V AC transformer when a chime is present. The transformer should have at least 20VA (volt-amps) of power, and the higher the better (e.g. 30VA/40VA).
Common symptoms of insufficient power include:
- Device frequently restarts
- Cannot watch live view
- IR (black-and-white) night vision flickers
- Device shut down and won’t power up again
- Device shuts down when doorbell button is pressed
- Chime does not ring when doorbell button is pressed (assuming that the “Doorbell Chime” option is enabled)
If you encountered one of these symptoms, please check the voltage and power of your doorbell transformer. If you have a multimeter, you can measure the voltage on the Sentry Video Doorbell to make sure it’s at least 8V. Try upgrading your transformer if the voltage or power is lower than the requirement.
Just in case, you can also make sure that there is a stable WiFi coverage at the Sentry’s location.
Short answer: you may need to install a resistor (recommended 10Ω(Ohm) 0.5W) across the terminal screws on your mechanical doorbell. See below for example:
Long explanation: It is not uncommon to hear the chime buzz after installing a video doorbell. The reason is that before you installed Sentry, the doorbell button acted as a switch for the electric circuit, so when the button was pressed, the circuit was closed and the chime rang. Sentry video doorbell requires constant power, so the circuit is always closed. Depending on the power consumption of the chime, there might be enough residual current in the circuit to cause the chime to buzz. Installing a resistor across the terminal screws dissipates the current through the chime, thus reducing the buzzing sound.
If the security camera does not scan the QR code on your phone during the setup process, try the following:
- Make sure that you have heard the security camera say “waiting for connection” at least once. If not, reset the camera.
- Place your phone about 4 inches in front of the security camera lens, holding it upright and stationary for at least 3 seconds. If you do not hear “WiFi connecting,” move your phone closer or further away and hold it again.
- Turn your phone’s screen brightness to 100%
- Ensure that the WiFi name and password are not too long. It is recommended to keep them under 16 characters. Longer text makes the QR code more complex, and due to the camera’s distortion, it may not recognize a complex QR code.
"How" & "What"
The Sentry doorbell is wired. It requires existing 8-24V AC doorbell wiring.
Alternatively, it also supports 5V 2A DC power source via a micro USB port.
Read more about Sentry’s tech specs here
(1) Upper-quarter Flashing: Device reset/powering up
(2) Lower-quarter Flashing: Connected to WiFi and connecting to server
(3) Left-quarter Flashing: Voice message recording
(4) Right-quarter Flashing: Connecting to WiFi
(5) Full-circle Flashing: Updating firmware
(1) Download the “Bosma” app, create a new account or log in to a current account.
(2) Make sure that the Sentry video doorbell is powered and that you have heard it say “system startup” and “waiting for connection.” If you don’t hear these messages, reset the camera.
(3) On the Bosma app home screen, tap the “+” button at the top right corner, and select “Sentry”. Then follow the in-app instructions to complete the setup
If you have any issue during the setup process, please contact customer support.
Ensure that your Sentry is powered on. Remove the base plate if it’s on. You should find a reset button with a “RESET” text to its left between the two terminal screws at the top of the camera body. Long-press the reset button until you hear “system reset.” After about 30 seconds, the Sentry video doorbell should power up again and you should hear “system startup” and “waiting for connection.” You can now set up Sentry in the Bosma app again.
Ensure that you hear “system reset” after long-pressing the reset button, and that you hear “system startup” and “waiting for connection” afterward. If one of these messages was not heard, please contact customer support.
Note: If you intend to use Sentry’s local storage, it is recommended to insert the SD card prior to installing the Sentry video doorbell. Also, please format the SD card to FAT32 before inserting it into the Sentry doorbell.
Slide down to remove Sentry’s base plate, then push back to remove the PIR module from the top. You should see the SD card slot on the top of the camera body. Gently push the SD card all the way in with its metal strips facing toward the back of the doorbell until you hear it click into place. To remove the SD card, push the SD card in and it should be ejected from the slot. After inserting or removing the SD card, replace the PIR module.
You can also watch the installation video to locate the SD card slot.
(1) Download the latest Sentry Video Doorbell firmware here.
(2) Unzip the files and copy the files to the root folder of a micro SD card (ensure that the SD card is formatted to FAT32).
(3) Disconnect the Sentry video doorbell from power and insert the micro SD card into the Sentry SD card slot (where is the SD card slot?). If Sentry is installed, you will need to unmount it from the base plate.
(4) Power up Sentry again (it is recommended to use a 5V2A micro USB adapter). Immediately (within 1-2 seconds) after the Sentry video doorbell is connected to power, long-press the RESET button at the back of the doorbell body for approximately 3 seconds. You should see the doorbell indicator light flashing fast in full circle.
(4) Wait for about 2 minutes. When you hear “system startup” and “waiting for connection,” the firmware update is successful.
(5) Remember to unmount the SD card and delete the firmware update files before using it on Sentry again.
Yes. If your doorbell wiring is connected to an existing chime, you can enable doorbell chime support in Sentry Home -> Settings -> Doorbell Chime.
Warning: Before enabling the “Doorbell Chime” option, make sure that a doorbell chime is properly installed. Enabling this option without an existing chime may damage the Sentry doorbell and/or your transformer and could pose a serious fire risk when Sentry’s doorbell button is pressed.
Yes. You can power the Sentry Video Doorbell with a 8-24V Low Voltage Transformer directly.
Warning: If you do not have a doorbell chime connected to the transformer, please do NOT enable the “Doorbell Chime” option.
There are two types of voice messages for the Sentry video doorbell.
- No Answer messages: Voice message played when you do not respond to a doorbell ring on the Bosma app in time (about 20s).
- Busy messages: Voice message played when you selected to “ignore” a doorbell ring on the Bosma app.
You can manage the voice message settings in Sentry Home -> Voice Responses. To add a new voice response, tap the “+” button at the top right corner. To enable a voice message, enable the “Go to Voice Messages when busy/no one answers” option (if this option is disabled, visitors will not hear a voice message and cannot leave a voice message).
There’s also an “Enable Voice Message” option on Sentry’s home page. If this option is enabled, when someone rings the doorbell, you will not receive a notification and the Sentry video doorbell will play the “Busy” voice message automatically. You can use this option when you do not wish to be disturbed.
If you purchased the Aegis smart door lock single unit, its package comes with a WiFi bridge/connector to connect it to the internet. However, if you purchased a Sentry Video Doorbell + Aegis Smart Lock bundle, Aegis can use Sentry as a bridge/connector for internet connection. Please go to Aegis Settings -> Manage Fingerprints to pair your Aegis with your Sentry.
Your Aegis door lock can use the Sentry doorbell as a Gateway to connect to the internet (if you purchased just the Aegis door lock, there should be a separate Gateway device in the box that serves the same purpose).
First, make sure that your Sentry doorbell has the fingerprint reader module. The module is included if you purchased the Aegis + Sentry bundle.
Install and set up both your Aegis and Sentry. Then, go to Sentry home page -> Fingerprints, and add your Aegis under “Paired Devices.” Don’t forget to enable “Unlock” under “Fingerprint Actions” so fingerprint scans may unlock the door. Then you can add new fingerprints under “Normal Fingerprints”
First, ensure that you have an active Bosma Assist subscription, and that you have added this Sentry video doorbell device to the subscription.
(1) You can find paired device’s videos in Sentry home page -> Cloud Videos
(2) You can also find them in Home page -> Bosma Assist -> Cloud Videos
Yes. If your Sentry has a micro SD card, it’ll also save video recordings to the SD card, regardless of whether a cloud storage subscription is active.
Please first make sure that you have an active Bosma Assist subscription, and that you have added this Sentry device to the subscription.
After you successfully added familiar faces, please make sure Facial Recognition is enabled in Sentry Home -> Settings -> Event & Notification -> enable “Person”
In your Bosma app, go to Sentry Home -> Settings -> Event & Notification -> enable “Package”
What are the requirements and limitations for Sentry’s Package Detection and Active Theft Prevention?
- To use Package Detection and Active Theft Prevention, you must have an active Bosma Assist Pro subscription, and your Sentry doorbell must be added to the subscription.
- The Sentry camera must have a clear view of the package. If the package is partially or fully blocked from the camera’s view, Sentry doorbells’s camera may not be able to detect it.
How do I prevent Sentry’s Active Theft Prevention feature from triggering the siren when I pick up my own packages?
Theft Prevention alerts will not be triggered if the Sentry doorbell recognizes a familiar face. Please create a new face profile for yourself (and your family members, if necessary) in the Bosma app at Sentry Home -> Facial Recognition.
Submit Your Question
Let us get in touch! Contact us for any further questions or business opportunities
There are many ways you can contact us. For all written messages, we usually respond within 24 hours.
(1) You can send an email to [email protected]
(2) You can leave feedback in the app at Home Screen -> Menu (top left corner) -> Feedback.
(3) You can live chat with us on www.bosmasmarthome.com . Availability: 9:30am to 5:30pm PST, Monday through Friday. If we missed your chat for some reason, please send us an email instead.
(4) You can call us at 1 (800) 976-0881 Monday- Friday 9:30am to 5:30pm PST.
(5) You can use the contact form at www.bosmasmarthome.com/contact.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
(1) We regularly post important updates, new features, and exclusive deals to all of our users in the Announcement page on the Bosma app at:
- Home Screen -> Menu (top left corner) -> Announcements.
(2) You can also subscribe to our newsletter at www.bosmasmarthome.com (at the bottom of the page). We typically send offers and new product announcements through the newsletter.
(3) Follow us on social media for updates and announcements.
Home Screen -> Menu (top left corner) -> About -> Release Notes
(1) On the Bosma app, Home Screen -> Menu (top left corner) -> Store
(2) Visit our online home security product store: https://www.bosmasmarthome.com/shop/
No. All basic device features are free after purchase. We do have an optional subscription service called Bosma Assist that offers certain advanced features such as cloud storage and package detection, but it’s not required.
No. Currently, the only way to use Bosma products is through the BOSMA mobile app, available on iOS and Android.
Account & Login
- Make sure you have entered the correct email address.
- The email should come from [email protected] , double check it is not in your spam/junk folder.
- If it’s not in the spam/junk folder, try re-requesting the email on the app.
- If still not found, please contact our customer support and provide the email address you wish to register with.
For security reasons, we only allow one account to be actively logged in on one device at any time. When an account logs in on a new phone, it will be automatically logged off on the original phone, and you’ll receive a notification on your original device.
If you want to use the app on multiple phones, you can create separate accounts and share product access with these new accounts via Family Management.
In the Bosma app, Home Screen -> Menu (top left corner) -> Tap your username at the top
Make sure you select the country where your devices are physically located. Your devices will connect to the local servers in the country you selected, so if you selected a different country than where your devices are, you may experience unstable connection, lagging, or firmware update failures.
On the Bosma app’s login screen, tap the “Forgot Password” link, and enter your Bosma account email on the following page. You will receive an email with a verification code. Enter the verification code and your new password on the next page, and tap “Submit” to reset your password.
No. Currently you may only reset your account password in the app. We will enable changing your password on the website in the future.
You can find all devices in the Bosma app: Home Screen -> Devices List.
Note that if you have an active Family, the list will only show devices under that Family by default. To view all devices under your account, tap the Family name at the bottom of the page and select “My Devices”.
You can add as many devices as you want to your Bosma account. However, your router and internet service may not be able to support too many devices. Generally, it is recommended that you have fewer than 8 devices under the same router to avoid connectivity and live streaming issues.
No. We currently only support Android and iOS apps. We also currently do not officially support Android tablets, though you can download the app and install it on Android tablets to use.
It is recommended that no more than 3 phones are watching live view at the same time, or live view performance may be affected. Note that an account can be logged in on one phone at any time, but you can share access with other accounts.
Yes. You will need to reset your Bosma device and use another account to set it up again. For instructions on how to reset the device, refer to How do I reset my Bosma device
If you created a new Family after you have set up some devices under your account, the devices won’t be automatically added to the Family. You may need to manually add them to the Family. After that, you should see the devices on the home page.
If your security camera or video doorbell has a physical defect (e.g. reset button broken, camera does not turn, indicator light not working), please contact customer support. If the defect is not caused by misuse and the product warranty has not expired, we will arrange for a replacement.
Bosma devices can support a micro SD card up to 128GB
Most of the time, you do not need to know your device’s MAC address for any of its functionality. If you want to set up the device, please refer to how do I add a new Bosma device.
If you do need to know the device’s MAC address, you would need to first set up the device under a 2.4Ghz WiFi hotspot. Then, you can log in to the router’s admin panel and look for the MAC address of the Bosma device you just set up (the exact steps to check a connected device’s MAC address varies by router). Alternatively, you can contact us after setting up the device and we will let you know the device’s MAC address.
Most Bosma devices require a 2.4Ghz WiFi hotspot (5Ghz not supported) with WPA or WPA2 encryption (Open network and WEP encryption are not supported). Bosma security cameras also require a minimum of 2Mbps upload speed.
(1) Home Screen -> Device List -> tap the ⚙️ button at the top right corner of a device.
(2) Home Screen -> Tap on a device to enter Live View or Device Home Page -> Tap the ⚙️ button at the top right corner.
(1) If a new firmware version is available for your device, you’ll be redirected to a batch update page when you open the app. Tap “Batch Update” or the “Update” button on each device to begin the firmware update. Stay on the page and wait for 2-3 minute for each update to complete. When updates are done, you’ll get a success popup message.
(2) You can also update the firmware of each device in Device Settings -> Firmware Update.
(3) You can also enable automatic firmware update in Device Settings -> Firmware Update. Automatic updates will happen between 2:00 am and 3:00 am when a new firmware is available. The device will not perform auto-update if an event is triggered during that time.
(4) On some devices, you can also manually update the firmware with a micro SD card.
(1) First, make sure the Bosma device has a stable connection to WiFi and is powered on.
(2) Try updating the firmware again in Device Settings -> Firmware Update.
(4) Try manually updating the firmware.
(5) If the issue persists, please contact our customer support.
In the Bosma app, Device Settings, tap the edit button to the right of the device’s name at the top of the page, type the new name for the device, and tap “Save” at the top right corner.
Access this feature in your Bosma app: Device Settings, select “Color Night Vision”, and toggle on “Enable Color Night Vision”
By default, Color Night Vision is disabled. To adjust this, you would need to turn on Color Night Vision.
- Note that Color Night Vision requires a small amount of environmental lighting, so if the camera’s surrounding is completely dark, it’s recommended to turn off Color Night Vision.
By default, Sound Detection is disabled. You can enable it in your Bosma app: Device Settings -> Event & Notification -> Toggle on “Sound.”
By default, video recording is event based, i.e. it only records when an event is detected. You can turn on Continuous Recording in the Bosma app: Device Settings -> Event & Notification -> Select “Always” under “Recording Mode.”
- Note that Continuous Recording significantly increases storage usage.
You can also disable video recording by selecting “Never” under “Recording Mode”.
(1) You can turn off your camera in the Bosma Device Settings -> Camera ON/OFF -> Toggle off “Camera ON.”
(2) You can use Security Modes to quick toggle multiple cameras at the same time.
- Note that if the camera is turned off, no video will be recorded and you will not be able to watch the live view from the camera on your phone.
In the Bosma app, go to Device Settings -> SD Card. If the SD card is recognized, you should see a pie chart of its available and used storage space, and you should also see a “Format SD Card” option at the bottom.
If your SD card is not recognized, the page will show a “No SD Card” text. Please check whether you have correctly mounted the SD card in the device.
- Note that Bosma devices support a micro SD card up to 128GB, and it must be formatted in FAT32 (you can use your computer to format the SD card in FAT32 format)
If your SD card is still not recognized, please try another SD card if available, or contact customer support.
There are a few options you can use to manage your Bosma cameras and reduce the number of notifications. In Device Settings, select “Event & Notification”, then:
- Toggle off the event types you’re not interested in being notified about, e.g. you can turn off Sound Detection.
- Increase minimum notification interval. By default, the minimum notification interval is 3 minutes. You can change this setting under “Interval” at the bottom of the page.
- Decrease sensitivity. By default, sensitivity level is set at medium. You can change it under “Sensitivity” at the bottom of the page.
- You can choose to disable notifications from any Bosma device by toggling off “Push Notification.”
- Note that video recordings are not affected by this setting (i.e. you can still see events and play recordings in Event History, you just won’t be notified.)
Alternatively, you can use Security Modes to quickly change notification settings for multiple devices.
If both the current and new WiFi hotspots have internet access and can be detected by the device, you can choose to connect to the new hotspot in the Bosma app: go to Device Settings -> Wi-Fi Settings to choose the new WiFi hotspot.
First, check whether you can see past events in the Event History on the Bosma app.
If you do see Event History entries, then:
- Check whether the Bosma app has notification permission in your phone settings.
- Check whether notification for the device is enabled. You can go to Device Settings -> Event & Notifications, and see if the “Push Notification” option at the bottom is enabled.
- Check your current Security Mode. Certain Security Modes may disable notifications, e.g. “Home” and “Disarmed” mode both disable notifications by default.
If you don’t see Event History entries, then:
- Check whether your camera’s Recording Mode is set to “Never.”
- Check whether your camera has an active Recording Schedule in Device Settings -> Recording Schedule. If a Recording Schedule is active, the camera does not record events outside of the scheduled period.
If all settings are correct and you still don’t receive notifications, please contact customer support.
Video & Recording
No. Device video recordings are still stored on the inserted micro SD card.
Bosma Sentry Video Doorbell:
On the Bosma app, go to Event History and play the recording you want to download. On the playback page, there should be a download button at the top right corner of the screen. Tap that button and the recording will be downloaded to your phone’s memory storage.
All Bosma Security Cameras and Video Doorbells:
Remove the SD card from your Bosma camera device, then use a micro SD card adapter to read the SD card on your computer. You should find all recordings on the SD card, grouped by date.
Yes. The security camera’s video recordings are stored in standard mp4 format. You can download the recordings to your phone/computer and play them with most video players (e.g. VLC Player)
When the SD card is full, the oldest video recordings will be automatically deleted and new ones will continue to be recorded.
Yes. The security camera will continue recording videos. Once internet connection is restored, you can view recordings on the app. However, you may not receive notifications from the device while internet connection is lost.
The Bosma app does not support deleting a single video recording from the micro SD card, but you can:
(1) Format the SD card from the app to delete ALL videos
(2) Read the SD card on your computer (you may need an SD card reader or micro SD card adapter) and delete selected videos as individual files.
You can delete Event History entries, but it does not delete the associated video recording from the SD card.
On the security camera’s Live View, tap the resolution button located at the top right corner of the video screen, and select your desired resolution. If you select “Auto”, the app will choose the optimal resolution based on your network condition.
Events are stored and accessed in the Bosma app under Home Screen -> Event History.
- Note that if you have an active Family, the list will only show devices under that Family by default. To view all events from devices under your account, tap the Family name at the bottom of the page and select “My Events”
Event History entries and their snapshots are available for up to 15 days. However, if you have a local storage, the corresponding video recordings are not deleted (unless storage is full, in which case the oldest recordings are automatically deleted).
In the Bosma app, under Event History, tap the calendar button at the top right corner and select desired time/device/type, then tap the “Save” button at the top right corner.
In the Bosma app, under Event History, tap the edit button at the top right corner and select the events you want to delete (or tap “select all” at the bottom left corner to select all currently visible events). Once selection is done, tap “Delete” at the bottom right corner” to delete the events.
If your security camera does not have an SD card, you would still see all events in the Bosma app under Event History. If you tap on the thumbnail, you will see a snapshot image. If you tap anywhere else, the app will try to load the video recording, but it would say it’s not found since you don’t have an SD card inserted.
We introduced the Family Management feature for two main purposes: device sharing and security modes. You can create a Family and invite your family members, housemates, and anyone you’d like to share device access with, or you can request to join an existing Family. Note that because Family members have full access to your Bosma security devices, please only invite people you trust into your Family. We have a video tutorial of the Family Management feature here.
In the Bosma app, go to Home Screen -> Menu (top left corner) -> Family Management. Tap the “+” button at the top right corner to create a new Family.
In the Bosma app, go to Home Screen -> Menu (top left corner) -> Family Management -> Select a family.
Under the “Members” section, tap the “invite” button on the right side and enter their Bosma account email address (note that they must have first registered for a Bosma account with that email address in the same region as you). They will receive an invitation email, and when they accept the invitation by clicking the invitation link in the email, they’re successfully added to your Family.
In the Bosma app, go to Home Screen -> Menu (top left corner) -> Family Management -> Select a family. Under the “Members” section, swipe left on the member you want to remove, and tap “Delete”. Note that a member may not remove the Administrator (creator) of the Family.
Family members can invite more people into the Family or remove Family members (except the Administrator/creator). They can also add their own devices to the Family or remove devices from the Family.
In general, Family members have extensive control and access over your Family configuration and all devices in your Family. As such, please only invite people you trust into your Family.
In the Bosma app, go to Home Screen -> Menu (top left corner) -> Family Management -> Select a family. Under the “Devices” section, tap the “add” button on the right side and choose the devices you want to add to the Family from the list, and tap “Save” on the top right corner.
In the Bosma app, go to Home Screen -> Menu (top left corner) -> Family Management -> Select a family. Under the “Devices” section, swipe left on the device you want to remove, and tap “Delete.”
Bosma security devices added to the Family are automatically shared with all Family members. To invite Family members, refer to this question.
Device sharing using the Share feature is being deprecated. We will disable this feature shortly (most likely before 2021). If you have previously shared device access with this feature, we recommend that you delete the sharing and, instead, add the shared devices and people you’re sharing with to your Family. We will send a few reminders to you before we officially disable this feature.
Security Mode is a feature under Family Management. It is a fast and simple way to update devices settings of multiple devices at the same time. Each mode corresponds to a common scenario. The default settings are:
- Away: Turn on all cameras and enable motion detection on all cameras. This is recommended when you’re leaving home
- Disarmed: Turn on all cameras and disable motion detection on all cameras. This is recommended when you want to be free from notifications
- Home: Turn off all cameras and disable motion detection and sound detection on all cameras. This is recommended when you’re returning home. This mode is customizable. To customize, in the Bosma app, go to Home Screen -> Menu (top left corner) -> Family Management -> Select a family -> Tap “Home” under “Security Mode” at the bottom.
Make sure you are currently in a Family. On the Home Screen of the Bosma app, you should see 3 buttons under “Security Mode”. Tap each button to switch your security system to that mode.
Currently only the “Home” mode is customizable. To customize, access the Bosma app, go to Home Screen -> Menu (top left corner) -> Family Management -> Select a family -> Tap “Home” under “Security Mode” at the bottom. We are working to add custom modes in the near future.
Home page -> Bosma Assist -> My Subscriptions -> Select a subscription -> Tap “Edit” on the “Active Devices” section -> Select device you want to add -> Tap “Confirm”
Bosma Assist is a subscription service for advanced features on some of our home security products. It includes cloud storage, package detection, facial recognition, and more.
You can learn more about Bosma Assist’s features here. We are always improving our products and services, so expect more features to come to Bosma Assist.
The price for Bosma Assist ranges from $1.99/month for the most basic configuration (7-day cloud storage) to $6.99/month for the Pro configuration (all features). We also offer discounts for yearly subscriptions. Learn more about pricing and configuration details on our pricing page.
Yes. We currently offer a 6-month free trial for Bosma Assist Pro!
Each Bosma Assist subscription can support up to 3 devices.
Privacy & Legal
We do not store your card information. Instead, your card details are securely saved on Stripe, and we only use a token to charge your card.
If I give my Bosma security camera to someone else, can they see my video recordings or Event History?
No, a new owner cannot see your Event History. They also cannot access your video recordings, unless the micro SD card on the security camera was not removed. We advise that you format or remove the SD card from your Bosma camera or smart doorbell before giving the device to someone else.