FAQ | XC
To restart the XC, simply unplug the camera from power, and plug it in again.
Please make sure that your XC is powered. Remove the white cap of the XC by slightly turning it clockwise. You should then see a white RESET button. Long-press the button until you hear “system reset”. After about 30 seconds, the XC should power up again and you should hear “system startup” and “waiting for connection”. You can now set up the XC in the app again.
Please make sure that you heard “system reset” after long-pressing the reset button, and that you heard “system startup” and “waiting for connection” later. If one of these messages was not heard, please contact customer support.
(1) Download the “Bosma” app, create a new account or log in.
(2) Power on the XC. Wait till you hear “system startup” and “waiting for connection”. If you don’t hear these messages, reset the camera.
(3) On the app home screen, tap the “+” button at the top right corner, and select “XC Series”. Then follow the in-app instructions to complete the setup
If you have any issue during the setup process, please contact customer support.
(1) Steady Red: Powering up or waiting to be set up. If you have not set up the XC before, please set up the XC in the app. If you have set up the XC before but just restarted it, please wait for about 30 seconds and it should automatically reconnect to the existing WiFi.
(2) Steady Blue: Connected. Everything is fine.
(3) Flashing Blue: Reconnecting to an existing WiFi hotspot. This may happen when you have set up the XC but it can no longer find the WiFi hotspot (either because the WiFi name/password was changed, or the camera/router was moved to another location so the signal was lost)
(4) Slow Flashing Red: Cannot connect to server. Please contact customer support.
Remove the white cap of the XC by slightly turning it clockwise. You should see the micro SD card slot located near the reset button. Push the SD card all the way in until you hear that it clicks into place. To remove the SD card, push the SD card in again and it should be ejected from the slot.
(2) Unzip the files and copy the 5 files to the root folder of a micro SD card (Please make sure that the SD card is formatted to FAT32)
(4) Wait for about 2 minutes. When you hear “system startup” and “waiting for connection” at the end, the firmware update is successful.
(5) Please remember to unmount the SD card and delete the 5 files before using it on the XC. Otherwise the XC will enter firmware update every time it restarts
(1) On the QR code scan page, please have the camera scan the QR code on your phone. Make sure that you have heard the camera say “WiFi is connecting” before tapping the “I heard ‘Wi-Fi is connecting’” button
(2) Please make sure that the WiFi hotspot you selected is 2.4Ghz (5Ghz WiFi is not supported).
(3) Please make sure that the WiFi hotspot uses WPA or WPA2 security
(4) Please double check and make sure that the password is correct
If the issue persist, please contact customer support
If the camera does not scan the QR code on your phone during the setup process, please try the following:
- Make sure that you have heard the camera say “waiting for connection” at least once. If not, please reset the camera
- Place your phone about 4 inches in front of the camera, holding it upright and stationary for at least 3 seconds. If you do not hear “WiFi connecting”, move your phone closer or further and hold it again.
- Turn your phone screen’s brightness to 100%
- Make sure that the WiFi name and password are not too long. It is recommended to keep them under 16 characters. Longer texts make the QR code more complex, and due to the camera’s distortion, it may not recognize a complex QR code.