FAQ | XC
If the camera does not scan the QR code on your phone during the setup process, please try the following:
- Make sure that you heard the camera say “waiting for connection” at least once. If not, reset the camera.
- Place your phone about 4 inches in front of the camera lens, holding it upright and stationary for at least 3 seconds. If you do not hear “WiFi connecting,” move your phone closer or further away from the security camera lens and hold it again.
- Turn your phone’s screen brightness to 100%.
- Make sure that the WiFi name and password are not too long. It is recommended to keep them under 16 characters. Longer text makes the QR code more complex, and due to the camera’s distortion, it may not recognize a complex QR code.
If the issue persists, please contact customer support.
I got a “connection timeout” error message when trying to set up the XC Security Camera, what do I do?
(1) On the QR code scan page on the Bosma app, use the security camera to scan the QR code on your phone. Make sure that you have heard the camera say “WiFi is connecting” before tapping the “I heard ‘Wi-Fi is connecting’” button in the app.
(2) Ensure that the WiFi hotspot you selected is 2.4Ghz (5Ghz WiFi is not supported).
(3) Ensure that the WiFi hotspot uses WPA or WPA2 security
(4) Double check to make sure that the password is correct.
If the issue persists, please contact customer support
(2) Unzip the files and copy the 5 files to the root folder of a micro SD card (Ensure that the SD card is formatted to FAT32).
(4) Wait for approximately 2 minutes. When you hear “system startup” and “waiting for connection,” the firmware update has been successful.
(5) Remember to unmount the SD card and delete the 5 files before using it in the XC Security Camera. Otherwise, the XC will automatically enter firmware update every time it restarts.
Remove the white cap of the XC Security Camera by turning it slightly clockwise. You should see the micro SD card slot located near the reset button. Gently push the SD card all the way in until you hear that it clicks into place. To remove the SD card, push the SD card in again and it should eject from the slot.
Note: if you inserted an SD card while the device is powered, you would need to restart (power off then on again) the device for the SD card to be recognized.
(1) Steady Red: The camera is powering up or waiting to be set up. If you have not set up the XC Security Camera yet, set up the XC in the app. If you have already set up the XC but just restarted it, please wait for approximately 30 seconds and it should automatically reconnect to the existing WiFi.
(2) Steady Blue: Connected. Everything is fine.
(3) Flashing Blue: Reconnecting to an existing WiFi hotspot. This may happen when you have set up the XC but it has lost the WiFi hotspot connection (either because the WiFi name/password was changed, or the camera/router was moved to another location so the signal was lost).
(4) Slow Flashing Red: Cannot connect to server. Please contact customer support.
(1) Download the “Bosma” app, create a new account or log in.
(2) Power on the XC indoor home security camera. Wait until you hear “system startup” and “waiting for connection.” If you don’t hear these messages, reset the camera.
(3) On the Bosma app home screen, tap the “+” button at the top right corner, and select “XC Series.” Then, follow the in-app instructions to complete the security camera setup.
If you have any issue during the setup process, please contact customer support.
First, ensure that your Bosma XC Security Camera is powered on. Remove the white cap of the XC by turning it slightly clockwise. You should then see a white RESET button. Long-press the button until you hear “system reset.” After approximately 30 seconds, the XC should power up again and you should hear “system startup” and “waiting for connection.” You can now set up the XC Security Camera in the app again.
Ensure that you heard “system reset” after long-pressing the reset button, and that you heard “system startup” and “waiting for connection” once the home security camera reset. If one of these messages was not heard, please contact customer support.
To restart the XC, simply unplug the camera from power, and plug it in again.