Dear Bosma users,
The Bosma Aegis Smart Door Lock is now officially certified to work with Google Assistant. You can follow the steps below to add your Aegis on Google Home:
- Make sure that you have set up Aegis on your Bosma account, and you have updated the firmware to the latest version (188.8.131.52 or above). Additionally, make sure that your Aegis has internet access (How do I connect Aegis to the internet?).
- Download the Google Home app from Google Play or App Store, and log in with your Google account.
- Open the Google Home app, and tap the "Settings" button at the center.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap the "Works with Google" option
- Search for and select "Bosma Home"
- You should then be redirected to a page that asks for your login information. Log in with your Bosma account.
- On the next page, it may ask you to set up a 4-digit PIN. A PIN is required to unlock Aegis via voice command. Please follow the instructions to set up the PIN.
- After you have successfully linked your Bosma account with Google Home, you will be redirected back to the Google Home app. It will then discover the Aegis locks under your account. It may also ask you to add them to a room - this step is optional.
- Return to the Google Home app's home screen, and you should see the Aegis smart locks displayed on the home screen.
You can then use Google Assistant voice commands to control your Aegis lock. Here is a list of available commands (assuming the name of your Aegis lock is “Front Door”):
- Hey Google, lock the Front Door.
- Hey Google, unlock the Front Door.
- Hey Google, is the Front Door unlocked?
Note: It is recommended that you use simple names for your Aegis locks (e.g. “Front Door”) so the voice command can be easily recognized by Google Assistant.
We will continue working on adding more features and integrating with more platforms for our existing products.