Dear Bosma users,
The Bosma Sentry Video Doorbell is now officially certified to work with Alexa. You can follow the steps below to add Sentry on Alexa.
To use Sentry on Alexa, you would need to enable the BOSMA skill and link your Bosma account with Alexa.
- First, make sure that you have set up Sentry on your Bosma account. Make sure you have updated the firmware to the latest version (126.96.36.199 or above).
- Open the Amazon Alexa app's home page, and tap the menu button at the right side of the navigation bar.
- Select "Skills & Games".
- Tap the "Search" button at the top right corner and enter "BOSMA" to search.
- You should now see the "BOSMA" skill in the search results. Tap to enter the skill details page.
- Tap "ENABLE TO USE".
- Enter your BOSMA account information, and tap "Login".
- You should see a success message. Then you can say "Alexa, discover devices" to discover Sentry.
Alexa & Bosma setup is now completed. You can use voice commands to control and manage your Bosma devices now.
You can use the voice command “Alexa, show me the Front Door.” (replace “Front Door” with your Sentry’s name) to view Sentry’ live stream on your Echo Show device. You can also talk and listen to the visitor while viewing live stream on your Echo Show device. It is recommended that you use simple names for your Sentry doorbells (e.g. “Front Door”) so the voice command can be easily recognized by Alexa.
You can also enable “Doorbell Press Announcements” in Alexa’s device settings, and your Echo device will notify you when someone presses the doorbell button on your Sentry.
We will continue working on adding more features and integrating with more platforms for our existing products.